The BSSS Gallery extends the educational and cultural mission of the Beverley Street Studio School by presenting diverse, enriching, and challenging exhibitions to students and the community and provides a venue for BSSS students to show their work, representing the high quality art classes and programs that BSSS offers.
Beverley Street Studio School Gallery is located at:
22 W. Beverley Street, Staunton, VA 24401
IN LIGHT OF COVID-19, current GALLERY HOURS are:
The gallery is staffed by volunteers, so you may want to call ahead to insure that the gallery is open: 540-886-0737.
*Safety precautions will be in place. These include:
- Only 6 visitors in the Gallery at a time. Please postpone your visit if you have any COVID symptoms or known exposure.
- Masks to be worn by all. Gloves to be worn when handling artwork. These will be provided while supplies last.
- Hand sanitizer available upon entering the Gallery.
- Six foot physical distancing.
- Frequently touched surfaces (door handles, desktops, sales electronics) will be disinfected hourly.
Please contact the Office (540.886.8636; firstname.lastname@example.org) for inquiries or purchases.
2021 GALLERY EXHIBITS
OPENING MARCH 12!!
“Art as Exploration: the Critique Class” Works by Students of Robert Stuart
NOW SHOWING, but leaving soon:
January 15 – March 7, 2021
Upcoming 2021 Exhibits
Dinny Deane and Mary Echols
April 30 – May 30
June 4 – August 1
Students of Ron Boehmer
August 6 – September 19
September 24 – November 14
November 19 – January 9, 2022
Prior 2020 Exhibits
VA MADE: Mediation Across Media
Curators: Howard Risatti & Steven Glass
January 10 – February 23, 2020
Friday, January 10 Opening Reception 5:30-7:30pm; Curator’s talk at 6:00pm
Recent Work: Kathy Craig
February 28 – April 26, 2020
Friday, February 28 Opening Reception 5:30-7:30pm; Artist’s talk at 6:00pm
BSSS Faculty Show
June 19 – August 2, 2020
Saturday, June 20; Director’s Address at 7:00pm via Facebook Live
Krista Townsend – The Art of Being a Hero
August 7 – September 13, 2020
Opening reception details TBA
Woolpack: Jeffrey Stockberger
September 18 – November 8, 2020
The Intangible Landscape: Andras Bality
November 13, 2020 – January 1, 2021
Interested in exhibiting your work?
Established and emerging artists may submit exhibition proposals for consideration to Robert Stuart, Gallery Committee Chair at email@example.com. Exhibitions are planned two years in advance. Please include the following in your proposal:
- Brief description of the proposed exhibition
- Current Artist’s CV
- Brief bio
- Updated artist’s statement
- 8-10 high resolution, 300 depi, JPEG images of recent work. Label clearly and include medium and size of art in image description: Jane_Doe_Title_Size.jpg.
We look forward to learning about your art!