The BSSS Gallery extends the educational and cultural mission of the Beverley Street Studio School by presenting diverse, enriching, and challenging exhibitions to students and the community and provides a venue for BSSS students to show their work, representing the high quality art classes and programs that BSSS offers.
Safety precautions will be in place. These include:
- Please postpone your visit if you have any COVID symptoms or known exposure.
- Masks to be worn by all. Gloves to be worn when handling artwork. These will be provided while supplies last.
- Hand sanitizer available upon entering the Gallery.
- Six foot physical distancing.
- Frequently touched surfaces (door handles, desktops, sales electronics) will be disinfected hourly.
Please contact the Office (540.886.8636; firstname.lastname@example.org) for inquiries or purchases.
2021 GALLERY EXHIBITS
Upcoming 2021 Exhibits
- Students of Ron Boehmer August 6-September 19
- Phil Geiger September 24-November 14
- Margaret Buchanan November 19-January 9, 2022
Prior 2021 Exhibits
- Talula Mays January 15-March 7, 2021
- Shared Studios: Virginia Deane and Mary Echols Presented in Collaboration with CoArt Gallery
- Art as Exploration: The Critique Class Works by Students of Robert Stuart March 12-April 25, 2021
Prior 2020 Exhibits
VA MADE: Mediation Across Media
Curators: Howard Risatti & Steven Glass
January 10 – February 23, 2020
Friday, January 10 Opening Reception 5:30-7:30pm; Curator’s talk at 6:00pm
Recent Work: Kathy Craig
February 28 – April 26, 2020
Friday, February 28 Opening Reception 5:30-7:30pm; Artist’s talk at 6:00pm
BSSS Faculty Show
June 19 – August 2, 2020
Saturday, June 20; Director’s Address at 7:00pm via Facebook Live
Krista Townsend – The Art of Being a Hero
August 7 – September 13, 2020
Opening reception details TBA
Woolpack: Jeffrey Stockberger
September 18 – November 8, 2020
The Intangible Landscape: Andras Bality
November 13, 2020 – January 1, 2021
Interested in exhibiting your work?
Established and emerging artists may submit exhibition proposals for consideration to Robert Stuart, Gallery Committee Chair at email@example.com. Exhibitions are planned two years in advance. Please include the following in your proposal:
- Brief description of the proposed exhibition
- Current Artist’s CV
- Brief bio
- Updated artist’s statement
- 8-10 high resolution, 300 depi, JPEG images of recent work. Label clearly and include medium and size of art in image description: Jane_Doe_Title_Size.jpg.
We look forward to learning about your art!